DescriptionWoodie, a 3m slackline mounted on a self-supporting wooden frame, can be used as a fun and completely independent tool for bringing greater variety to training sessions of recreational and professional athletes. It is also great for relaxing the mind during work or for rehabilitation after injury. We prepared a guide to challenge you with 100 exercises for balance and strength of varying levels (for now only in Slovenian language). When we train on a surface which moves, such as a stretchy webbing, we have to constantly stabilize the body. The exercises are therefore more fun and efficient compared to exercises on the floor or other balance props. Exercises on Woodie are extremely dynamic and because they include bigger and faster moves they better imitate the actual body movements than other balance equipment. By practising your balance on Woodie, you will improve the following areas of musculoskeletal and nervous system:
• responsiveness of muscles (muscle reflex response and intramuscular coordination);
• muscles stabilising joints;
• proprioception or body awareness;
• coordination of the entire body, efficiency and precision of movement;
• control over the strength of your muscles;
• it can also act as a preventive measure and treatment for joint injuries.
As regards mental aspects, Woodie will help you improve:
• concentration and focus;
• the ability to persist and remain calm and relaxed in the face of stressful and unpredictable situations;
• awareness of present moment.
The height of the line in the standard version is 45cm. By simply changing two wooden parts we can adjust the height to children or for rehabilitation purposes (30 cm).
• Length: 300cm (due to the flexibility of the frame, the level of difficulty and the feeling for balance on Woodie are comparable to those on a classic 6m slackline)
• Height of webbing: 45cm or 30cm (lower version) from the ground
• Weight: 16kg
• Maximal Load: 150kg
• Collapsibility: by removing only two screws, Woodie can be quickly and simply collapsed to the length of 125cm
• Modern look: precise milling on a CNC machine, countersunk recessed screws and nuts, no sharp edges, varnished wooden surfaces
• Level of difficulty: simple adjustment of difficulty by changing the tension of the webbing
• Safety: rubber padding gives Woodie stability also when we lose balance and prevents hitting the wooden part when falling. For additional safety, pillows can be used.
• Compliant with ISO 20957-1:2013 – Stationary training equipment standard
• Guarantee: 3 years
• Made in Slovenia
Guide with Exercises and Poster
(So far the guide is only in Slovenian language! Poster also in english.)
The product includes a 60-page Training Guide with exercises for balance, strength and stabilisation of core, legs and shoulder girdle. A B2 size poster (70 x 50cm) with exercises, ideal to hang beside Woodie in your gym, is also included.
A stable body is a foundation for a healthy physical activity. Walking on a line is recommended as a preventive measure and also as a remedial therapy in later stages. With Woodie we can do these exercises also in indoor spaces which is an additional advantage. We can use it for rehabilitation after injury and surgery on joints, muscles and ligaments. Professional athletes simply adore it because it adds variety to their otherwise monotonous training.
Jure Bornšek, Physiotherapist Bsc, Manual Therapy Specialist, Head of Physiotherapists at Olympic Games in PyeongChang 2018.
Woodie offers a fun way of developing balance, coordination, strength, joint stabilisation and concentration. People of all generations find it challenging and are happy to put their skills to the test on it. It is useful as a tool for conditioning training and rehabilitation after injuries. Due to the variety of exercises which are possible on Woodie, we can carry out the entire training with only one tool or include it in any type of training.
Dane Nemac, kinesiologist, Gibalna Klinika